Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mountain Aster

I planted these Asters about five years ago. They are perennial, so bloom every year in the mid-to late Spring. Then they are gone and don't bloom again for another year. They're in my backyard, so almost no one ever sees them. I wish I could keep them blooming all year.
Rain, Rain go away... come again another day.

It's still cold and rainey in northern Utah and although good for the water table, it's wearing a little thin with those of us who are ready for summer. The high today was about 55 degrees and I can't remember a wetter May or June. The yard looks like a jungle and the damp weather has put a damper on my spirits. I feel bleak, sad and washed out. I hope when the sun shines, it will brighten my outlook.

1 comment:

Jillyn said...

Isn't it amazing how when we have the heat, we want the rain....right now, I'd love some rain but love your flowers. It will soon be so hot you'll be wanting the Fall to come but I do love your summertime yard. I want to come see it again soon.....