L2R: Diana, Phyllis, Kathy, Carol Ann, Jillyn and Janet
Oh my, but I have lots to blog about. It won't happen all at once, so hopefully I can write about my fun girlfriend vacation over the next few days. I just want to get the highlights up and going.
Four of us friends left Salt Lake on Thursday evening and arrived in Austin about midnight. Poor Phyllis...she was only home a few hours after a 30 hour trip home from Japan and Korea, so she was extra tired. We crashed at a motel and then got ready for our most excellent adventure to begin. Kathy (our hostess with the mostest), who lives in Liberty Hill, a suburb of Austin picked us up and we went back to the airport to pick up Janny Lou. Now we had half a dozen nuts in a van. Unfortunately, some of our other friends could not join us this year and we missed them very much.My dear friend Kathy and her sweet husband Bob with their dog Indy. He brought home yellow roses for all of us. It takes a great man to let us invade his home with all our female hormones!
I had a tightly knit high school class and many of us have remained close over the years since we all graduated in 1968. I was so fortunate to move to southern Utah and be able to associate with the fine people I did. It shaped my life then and continues to be an influence for good in my life today. In 2000, when all us baby boomers turned 50, we decided to have a 50-50 reunion (we were born in 1950 and were 50 years old). Eight old friends rented a condo in San Diego and had a giant sleep-over for three days! We had sooooo much fun that we have gotten together every year or two since...always in a different location. We eat out (or pig out), see the sights, sometimes go to a show or play, shop 'til we drop, talk until we're blue in the face, laugh until we roll on the floor, get more sleep-deprived and generally have more fun than people on this planet are allowed. And can you believe our husbands let us do this?
Here are just a few highlights and I will write more and put in more photos tomorrow.
Janet... a work of art
Carol Ann on her bike ride

We visited the LBJ Presidential Library
Phyllis rounding up the Longhorn Steers

Jillyn sporting her new Peepers earrings for spring

Kathy and Jillyn getting down with Guitar Hero

Janny learning to Wii Bowl

At the DQ for a dose of our favorite medicine

And last but not least...
...Jeepers, Creepers, wher'd ya get those Peepers?
Okay, enuf. More to come. How did I get so lucky to have such great friends?


2 comments:
Great job. That was fun, wasn't it? Thanks for posting the fun pictures. I was just too overwhelmed and in a hurry and couldn't decide what to post. You've done a great job of capturing the whole experience. Thanks again.
Oh yea! We did do it up right didn't we! What fun to have friends and make new memories while we share the old ones. Thanks for the blog!
Post a Comment