Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Silver bells are ringing...

...for our twenty-five year anniversary. And they said it wouldn't last!

We were so goo-goo about each other. We met just before Halloween in 1983, and by Thanksgiving the writing was on the wall. JR proposed to me on New Years Day, I got a ring on Valentines and we were married on this lovely spring day 1984.

We had a small wedding with just family and a few friends. John and I started out with a blended family of six, so the honeymoon was over real fast!



We were married at the Seven Wives Inn, a bed and breakfast in St. George, but during high school it was the home of one of my girlfriends. I spent many happy hours in this gorgeous pioneer house and it was just perfect for our special day.


I'm so lucky to have found such a great man to share my life with. He has been so good to me and I don't know what I would do without him. He's a kind and gentle soul who would do anything for me. Best of all he's my BFF (Best Friend Forever). I love you, Honey! Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. We are so thankful for the two of you.
lots of love

xomom said...

Congratulations to you two! That is quite a milestone...where did the time go. Hardly seems it could have been that long ago. I am so happy you found each other and wish you many more happy anniversaries!

Barb said...

Happy Anniversary from your matchmaker. I cant believe it has been 25 years. I knew you were the perfect match and would make each other very happy. (Too bad I couldnt keep mine together, ha ha)