Sunday, June 7, 2009

La Pluie Tombe - Beaucoup!

The weather was rainy for the Men's Finals of the French Open this morning, so I'm in a French mood. Swiss native Roger Federer was really classy giving his winner's comments in two languages.

And it's been raining like cats and dogs here! I can't remember a spring/June that was so cool and rainy. Great weather though, and the garden is growing like crazy. We have been enjoying lettuce, spinach and Swiss chard for a couple of weeks now. I think we will have peas soon. The other night we had a giant thunderstorm with lightening and lots of big boomers. Seems like most storms we have, there are a couple of lightening strikes and a few whimpy thunder rolls. But this one lasted for an hour or more and was intense. I loved it!

On Saturday morning we got to see our grandson Chason play soccer in West Valley. He is in the 5-6 year-old age group and his team is the "Crocodiles." The big game ended in a tie. Chason played hard, running up and down the field, not always sure where the ball was, but nevertheless having a great time and especially liking the treats at half-time and the end! He is a joyful character and we love him so much!

Below, Chase and his teammates get some strategy pointers from their coach.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for coming to Chason's game. Thank you even more for the advise on how to take better care of our trees and garden. We went straight to the Western Garden and took care of things. I am so thankful for your love and support. Something so little means so much to me.
love you