Friday, July 3, 2009

Mower Man Makes Hay

Want to tell you how lucky we are to have our in-house yardcare professional. Zach is every parent's dream of a hard-worker and he has been all his life. He started helping mow the lawn when only about 10, and by 13, he could do the whole yard by himself. We don't have an easy yard, either. We've got over a quarter acre (minus the house), with lawn on all four sides, including a tricky hill. Since he was 15 or 16, he has almost single-handedly taken care of the job every week during the summer. Better yet, he won't let mom and dad pay him. He does it without asking and works it in his busy schedule.

Zach always string-trims the whole yard and edges every week. We tell him he only needs to edge once a month, but he doesn't feel like the job is done unless he does it.
I secretly snapped a few photos, 'cause he won't let us take pictures of him. If he knew I was blogging about him and had photo... there would be a war!
Though he won't see this, I give Zach a High-5 for all he does and I'm so proud of his strong work ethic.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Diana- How lucky you are!!!! I would love to see more picts of Zach- how tall is he now?

Lisa said...

Go Zach GO