This evening I went to Gabby's 6th Grade program at Knowlton Elementary in Farmington. Boy, it was the best Elementary School program I've ever seen! And that's saying alot, after all the school programs I've been to in the last 30 years! I don't have any photos because I didn't put the flash card in my camera. Darn!!!! I do that all the time. But I have to write about it in my blog anyway. I was so proud of Gabrielle! She had to try out for a speaking/main part, and she was one of the three main stars - three narrators for the whole program. She did a maaaa-velous job.The title of her program was "On The Radio," with the radio station KDYZ
(Kids). The three classes did skits, dances and musical numbers from each decade from the 1920's through the present and the three narrators gave a little history and introduction between decades. Wow! They danced the Charlston and sang "Alexander's Rag
time Band" for the 1920's; sang and danced to "Ain't We Got Fun?" for the 30's; did the jitterbug to "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" for the 40's; Elvis appeared for the 50's, and they danced to "Hound Dog;" the Beatles came for the 60's, dressed in their Sgt. Pepper's outfits. The kids all had psychedilic peace-sign necklaces and danced to "Lonely Hearts Club Band." For the 70's they talked about peace and love and sang "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing;" Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was the song and dance for the 80's, and they all did the zombie thing with the lights down low and spooky -
it was great! For the 90's up to the present the class reinacted Michael Jackson's "We Are The World." Each student had a little battery candle and the lights were turned off. It was so awesome. The finale was all three 6th Grade classes singing and dancing to "I Gotta Feeling."I have never been more entertained and glad to see a school program than this one, and it was so much more special 'cause cute Gabby Dawn did such a great job! Way to go Gabs! Love you.
1 comment:
That is so awesome. Way to go Gabby.
I would have loved to see it also.
So glad you enjoyed
Post a Comment