Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

Sure seems like the year is going by quickly and now we've celebrated another Independence Day. John and I did enjoyed our traditional neighborhood breakfast at Lewis Park. Papa J. helped cook the usual pancakes, bacon and eggs for about 150 and Marc was with us, as well as baby C.J. this year. Later we saw "Knight and Day" at the theater and then enjoyed barbequed hamburgers on our deck overlooking the Great Salt Lake and a beautiful sunset. Couldn't get much more American!



Sunday I didn't feel well, so stayed close to home. Then on Monday, we worked our tails off in the yard, cutting limbs from trees, weeding and all that fun stuff. Drew and Gabby came for a sleep-over. We had fun in the Spa, then a treat at the "Orange Leaf" yogurt shoppe. We had a girls-only shopping trip, pizza dinner and a movie called "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Bolt Thief." (I think...anyway, it was a cool flick!) We giggled 'till we fell asleep and it was the end of a perfect day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a wonderful 4th of July weekend! They don't get much better than that! I am really jealous of your wisteria and lavender and your whole garden wether it is flowers or food! your pictures are great. Love seeing your family! Mark looks like he has lost weight!

Jillyn said...

It's good to check in with you once in a while and even if we don't talk often, a blog post is second best. At least I know you are alive and well and having good times. Call me soon.