Sunday, July 25, 2010

This and That

What a fantastic Sabbath Day. Wish I could write all my feelings of this day and keep them close to me. We had such a spiritual and uplifting worship service today and my resolve to live the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ have been strenthened and renewed. But my thoughts are better expressed in my journal than on the web, so I will leave it at that.

We had a lazy holiday weekend - didn't go to any parades, didn't go to the activities at the park, didn't go to the fireworks. We just enjoyed our pioneer day at home with a little yard sale (hey I made $13.00!). I made a cute watermelon cake for our neighborhood celebration in the circle across the street. The little kids were so excited and all sitting in their chairs anticipating the big fireworks display.
Who can remember the wonder of it all when you were three or four?
On Friday, we took the big step and cut baby C.J.'s hair. G'ma tried to do the "Mohawk," but didn't succeed very well.



Here's the before... Oh, and a little reading time with Papa and snoozing time with Daddy.








...and after.
Such a handsome little feller! He will be nine months old on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love your posts! such a fun life. full of family, flowers, gardens,activities, etc. Wonderful!