Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's been awhile...

since I wrote on my blog. I have been doing a little FaceBook, which I don't really like, but it has been a distraction. So much has happened this month.

W
e took a quick trip to St. George to help celebrate John's brother Doug and his wife Rosalee's 40th Wedding Anniversary. It was great seeing so much family. I can't remember the last time we were in St. George. On that Sunday we were able to hear our great nephew's missionary report in Sacrament Meeting. Landon Rogers went to the Missouri, Independence mission and he sure has grown to a fine young man with a strong testimony.


Last weekend we went to Star Valley, Wyoming with our friends Chris and Dave. It was so beautiful up there - cold at night and warm in the days. We played golf, but mostly we relaxed, ate good food, played games, read, watched BYU embarrass themselves and Chris and I knitted some.

Last Thursday was my last day at Dr. Erickson's office. It was sort of hard to leave. I got emotional and cried. What a ninny I am. Now I'm a little bit scared to start my
new job tomorrow at Overstock.com. It will be a big adjustment working full-time. But that's the way it needs to be right now. John has been out of work for nearly eight months and jobs are just so scarce. He must have applied for over 50 jobs the last three months, had a few interviews, but nothing concrete yet. We are praying something will come through soon.

The waterline in our refrigerator broke last week and we had a minor flood in our basement. Luckily, nothing was too damaged. However, cleaning up that flood, we noticed our water heater was leaking more than it had been. Something just prompted me that we had to replace it RIGHT A WAY! So John got bids and we got a new water heater. When the plumber pulled the old one out, the whole backside was corroded away and had a big split. It was an accident waiting to happen! It could have blown out any day, and then there would have been a 40+ gallon flood which would have done major damage. So we feel blessed, even though we certainly didn't need a $625 bill just now.

General Conference was great the past weekend. I feel like the theme was to "Live by the Spirit." So many of the addresses were about the Holy Ghost and being worthy to have his influence with us and then following the promptings. Elder Holland's talk expressing gratitude was also wonderful, and how those on the other side of the veil are so happy when we live righteously.

I would add photos, but I get so frustrated. I have to learn how to organize my photos in Picasa, and them bring them into the blog. Anyone want to teach me?

No comments: