Monday, November 8, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!

Oh, girls just want to have fun! And I did with some of my high school friends in Las Vegas this past weekend! At least I know 48 + hours with good friends are worth twice that many hours with a therapist!

How many people do you know who go to Vegas and spend most of the time in a room knitting and talking? It was our giant annual sleepover! But we didn't get too much sleep and we just had to make up for so much lost time.This was our Celebration 60! and we were missing some other friends very much. We had fun in the sun, wore our feet and knees out wandering down Las Vegas Boulevard to visit the Coke store and the M&M store; the beautiful City Center with it's interesting water art; the Bellagio's glass art and beautiful garden, as well as the water show to "My Heart Will Go On."

Of course the high point of our adventure was seeing the Lion King at Mandalay Bay where we stayed in LUXURY! This was thanks to our friend MaryAnn and her darling daughter who works there. The production was absolutely the most sensational visual production I've ever seen and I would go again in a skinny minute. I just wish John, my kids and all my grandkids could have this experience and want to do everything I can to encourage them to go or take them with me!!!

I've got more photos, but not tonight! Check back!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Look at you! Posting video! That needs to be my next task to try. I like how your friends step back as you pan around. Looks like you had a great time. When can we go?

xomom said...

Yes indeed! A good time was had by all and I am ready to do it again...but this time with the whole gang.