Sunday, July 6, 2014

Memories...light the corners of my mind...

...Misty watercolor memories of the way we were.

Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind...

Oh, the things I remember and the things I have forgotten. The last week or so I have been cleaning and going through so many boxes and photos and cards and letters. My son Ben, his wife Wendy and baby CJ are going to be moving into our downstairs, and because of that, I'm deep cleaning, throwing away, preparing garage sale and good will donations, etc. It's so hard to throw things away! I'm not a pack-rat or anything, but just feel so sentimental about everything: knick-knacks that were in my home as a child; letters from my father while I was away at college in Iowa; cards from my kids for Mother's Day; letters and cards from my Mother; anniversary cards from my hubby; notes and letters from people I still know and love and some from folks I can't even remember (so sad).

But I can't keep it all. Still, it tugs my heartstrings to throw things in the dumpster. John and I said we wished we could have all the money back we spent on cards for all occasions over the last 26 years! We would be rich! Ha! Ha!

No comments: