
Our weekend was filled with fun and girl stuff. John said, "Pretty soon I'm going to have to turn in my man card," after I made him dress-up to dance with the Queen at the Royal Ball on Friday night.
Gabby and Drew spent the weekend and we just went from one activity to another. The Royal Ball was the big event on Friday. Queen Drew and Princess Diana rode in the Royal Carriage, driven by the Royal Coachman Gabby. We arrived and were properly announced and the Queen oversaw the dancing sitting on her Royal Throne. I must say she looked very Royal in her Royal Blue Gown.
Gabby played "Secretary, Receptionist, Banker" for hours on end... her most
favorite activity in the world. Thank goodness we have an old adding machine with tape, because Grandpa and Grandma got bills and receipts for every conceivable thing... our food, our TV, the utilities, on and on. Gabs takes orders over the pretend phone, then writes them all out complete with a register tape! It takes every pen, pencil, marker, stapler, paper punch, stamper and piece of tape in the house. But we love it! Later after ice cream and chocolate milk, we settled down to watch, "Kit - An American Girl." Great movie!
favorite activity in the world. Thank goodness we have an old adding machine with tape, because Grandpa and Grandma got bills and receipts for every conceivable thing... our food, our TV, the utilities, on and on. Gabs takes orders over the pretend phone, then writes them all out complete with a register tape! It takes every pen, pencil, marker, stapler, paper punch, stamper and piece of tape in the house. But we love it! Later after ice cream and chocolate milk, we settled down to watch, "Kit - An American Girl." Great movie!
Saturday morning we got up early to go watch mom (Camille) run in the Salt Lake Marathon. What a girl. She wasn't feeling up to snuff and didn't make her goal, but still finished in better time than her last marathon. We saw her about mile 12 on Holladay Boulavard. There were about 2,300 participants in the marathon, bike, and 5K events. I'm so in awe of you, daughter! Way to go. On Monday she starts training for a triathalon in July.
Then we were off to Kaleb's soccer game. What a kid... he's one of the stars of his seven-year-old team. He made the only goal for his team and we were sure proud. Too bad the other team got lucky and beat them.We had a scrumptious breakfast at the Belgian Waffle House in Midvale then home for play and naps. The girls begged to stay over another night and even though Grams and Gramps were tired, we said okay. After shopping and errands in the afternoon Gabby and Drew got fun fake fingernails. Wow, were they fancy.

Then the creme de la creme came in the evening when we were watching "The Other Side of Heaven," and Drew was sitting in my lap. She said, "I wish I could do this day over." I didn't quite "get it" at first, but then realized what she meant. I was glad that although I got nothing of what I needed to do done this weekend, the girls' fun and happiness were the best reward of all.


1 comment:
Wow what a fun weekend. Sounds like good times!!! Good for Camille (SP) Looks like the family is doing very well! glad to hear it.
Post a Comment