As I have mentioned in a blog before, I am a member of Utah Voices.
We are new, but rising quickly to become one of the premier choirs in the state. I just want to promote our Spring Concert "Things Sacred and Profane," coming on Friday, April 30th. The anchor work for this concert will be Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana." The oratorio is sung in Latin, but this will be a concert like you have never seen before! It will be an unbelievable muti-media production with dancing and visual presentation with interpretation. Hey, this is a sexy, steamy romantic work... with the text from 12th Century monks, no less. In addition we will
be performing some beautiful and well-loved sacred pieces, such as "Simple Gifts," "O Light of Life" and "Pilgrims Hymn." There will also be a ROCKING
GOSPEL number.Our artistic staff includes Dr. Michael Huff and Kelly DeHaan. These guys are truly world-class and the soloists are nationally and internationally renown.
Tickets go on sale April 12th from the Utah Voices website. There is one performance only and our Christmas concert was sold out for two nights. So if you're interested, don't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment