
It's May 22nd and it snowed overnight and this morning. (I borrowed this photo from my friends and neighbors the Phillips.) It was so cold... felt like October. Will I ever be able to plant a garden this year?
So it was a good Saturday. I had a good workout at the rec center, did my shopping, some house cleaning, then this evening John, Marc and I went to our Ward party which was a Western Round-up. It turned out well, even though it was originally planned for outside at a park. Just to0 cold and stormy it was. The music was great - we had fun line dancing. I didn't act my age and probably embarrassed myself, but what the heck. It's the pits being 60 (I hate to say that, but it's true). There's still so many things to do, places to go and people to meet AND so little time! I was hoping to win the chili contest with my "Killer Man-eaters Chili," but woe is me... I didn't even place. What a bummer.
Bishop Steckler looked cool in his ka'boy hat.

Darryl B. said, "I don't get many opportunities to wear this hat!"

The chili judges: Brother Dalley, Brother Hooker and the Bish.

And the winners of the Golden Chili Awards were... Camie, Amy and Kimo.

The Youngs.

The Jensens

The Browns

Those weird Rogers folk.

Line Dancing.


Pie-eating contest. Hey, Marc said he wanted to do it, so there he was in the middle. The contestants donned garbage bags to cover their clothes while Banana Cream pies were the fare.
Marc was cool! He did a good job, but not the winner. We were just glad he didn't hurl! :)
1 comment:
Imagine my surprise when I opened your blog and....
Post a Comment